Wednesday 28 September 2011

Inspiration

Hi all,

Many of you have asked me how I imagined my characters and where I got my inspiration from. My honest answer is that I bought a painting once from this site: http://www.jonathonart.com/

And ever since, I've used the paintings on his site to come up with an image and even ideas about how my characters looked like. As you scroll through his website, you will see that he has drawn scenes, mostly of females -some as angels, some as elemental mythical creatures and some as goddesses. It was from here that I thought about combining angels and elements and coming up with a story about Creation.

In chapter 12, I explained how the first 6 Archangels had all been female and their 'birth' would resonate with the following images:

Darkness



































Light




































Fire





































Water 
[In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm bias towards our water/ice characters. In fact the sequel (yay!) is written about them. So I have a few pictures here.]























These final two pictures are my favorites actually. You can see an amalgamation of both the Earth and Water elements here. So it could have been either.

Earth
























Metal

There weren't any paintings specifically done for this element and this got me thinking about the possibility of a Metal Angel. Thus the story was created. 




NB: All pictorial credits are to Jonathon Earl Bowser. Take a look at his other works if you have time. They always give a sense of inspiration and wonder for the mythical.

No comments:

Post a Comment